Wednesday, October 1, 2008

holy tears

Darkness has not surrendered to light this morning. The clouds hover ominously, desperately trying to contain the rapidly increasing number of raindrops within. The weight becomes too great and, bursting forth from clouds’ bloated bellies, the rain drops begin their freefall. Falling, still falling, the ever changing droplets fill the air. Soft, transparent stones erecting an ephemeral liquid wall.

Whether it is my temper that affects theirs, or theirs mine, I am not sure. At times, it seems as though the rain drops are calling, inviting me to join their joyful dance upon the parched ground. Their silent descent ends with a jubilant spattering, like the pitter patter of little feet. Today, however, it seems as though the rain drops have been forced from their lofty resting place, plummeting sorrowfully, crashing helplessly into the ravenous ground below. I feel somehow responsible. It is as though God himself weeps with me this morning, his great eyes overflowing with tears, spilling forth from Heaven, falling to the wretched earth. Saturated, I stand purified as holy tears mingle with my own.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!!! you are an incredible writer woman. I miss you too.