Sunday, June 13, 2010

sunflowers

A few things.

First, it has been so hot.  The classic Virginia hot, the air so thick and wet that, as they say, you could cut it.  With the dullest of knives.

Second, we moved.  This should probably be the first bit of information as it is certainly the most important.  Almost everything is in the new apartment.  And, its all starting to come together.

I love it there.  The place just makes me smile.  During Mission Year, I realized that counter space was very important to me.  Clutter stresses me out.  Trying to prepare food without ample space sends me over the ledge of sanity.  No worries now, though.  Ol' Ebenezer has counters.

 It also has this tiny back room, technically a laundry room, that Jordan and I have decided to spiff up and use as a quiet/prayer room.  This evening, I discovered that it provides a perfect view of the sunset.

When we signed the lease, I gave the landlords a card with sunflowers on it.  I love sunflowers.  Their meaning is one of faithfulness, because they turn their heads in order to follow the sun as it moves through the sky each day.  While cleaning the kitchen yesterday, I realized that there was a mug sitting on the kitchen sink.  At first, I thought it had been left by accident.  Then, I realized that Ayuko had left it there for me.  It has sunflowers on it.

Pray for us if you get a moment, will you?  Pray that we can be as faithful as those beautiful little flowers.

No comments: